Snowy Loewy

      Most snow days I watch Netflix, hang out with friends, or sleep all day long. Some snow days I actually decide to make myself useful, and get dressed. On this special, unexpected snow day I was productive. It was 30 degrees outside and I wanted to look nice for dinner and errands. This outfit is perfect because its warm, comfortable, and still looked pulled together.

       There is nothing more cozy than a cotton long sleeve t-shirt in the winter time. Its a great layering piece, (like shown here,) but also on its own. This navy striped tee shirt is so soft that I tend to gravitate towards it often. It was windy so I kept pulling my jacket closed. This didn't allow for the greatest view of the tee, but I'll link a similar one below. Speaking of my jacket, I love this army green one. It has a denim collar at the top so it ties in the denim from my jeans, and the navy in my shirt well. It's oversized, but I actually prefer my jackets this way so I have plenty of room to layer underneath and it makes it more comfortable. My jeans are simple denim; my go to. My ears were cold the minute I stepped outside, and I wanted something to compliment my curled hair. The hat I wore was absolutely perfect, and I will be wearing hats on the weekends more now, after wearing this. This hat is an off white color and extremely thick. (It reminds me of a sweater on my head.)   Lastly, for shoes, I needed something snow proof, so I opted for these L.L. Bean boot inspired shoes, that are ideal for cold and snow. They are lined with fluff, and super comfy.
 
      I had so much fun styling an outfit for the snow, and felt super fierce playing and posing in the snow.  I wish we had just a few more snow days to break out these warmer, cozier outfits. Maybe someday when this blog takes off I can vacation somewhere cold and style all kinds of winter outfits. On the topic of the blog, I wanted to thank every person who has read, commented, helped and critiqued this new found interest of mine. The amount of love and support I have received for this has blown me away. I was always a bit scared of starting something I had no experience in, but I couldn't be happier I did. So to each person that has stopped me in the halls and told me how excited you are to read the next, thanks a million.
 
     In other news, I now own loewynoud.com, and I am in the process of creating my new website.  This means easier access, a new layout and room for much more growth. I'm ecstatic for the future of this blog and hope you all are too. You can expect a new post each Tuesday or Wednesday around 7pm CST.  
 
"Fashion is about something that comes from within you."
Ralph Lauren

    
Boots- Khombu: can be found here
Green Jacket- Thrifted from Boutique in Hillsboro, IL, Cabin Creek brand
Cream hat- Urban Outfitters- similar one found here
Denim jeans- American Eagle, found here 
I love these because they com in tall, regular, and short.
 

Blue striped tee- Forever 21, found here

Comments

Popular Posts